NATA 2017 will be single day exam and conducted only once
COA has announced in a press release that NATA 2017 will be a single day exam and conducted only once for the admissions in 2017-18 academic year. NATA 2017 will be pencil and paper based exam and to be conducted on 16th April, 2017. COA also has stated that the NATA 2017 score will be valid for admissions in 2017-18 academic year only.
NATA is conducted for measuring aptitude of candidates for admissions to 5 year B.Arch. course offered by institutes across India, approved by COA. Previously NATA was conducted as computer based adaptive test spread over a period of 5 months every year. For the year 2017 COA, to further improve and strengthen the NATA exam has decided to conduct only once in the year and in single day, and in offline mode only.
NATA 2017 application process will start soon on nata.nic.in and application fee for NATA 2017 shall be Rs.1250/- to be paid online.
NATA 2017 paper shall consist 2 parts carrying a total of 200 marks. Part 1 shall be conducted for 90 minutes and will consist of 60 MCQ type questions carrying 2 marks each. The questions in Part 1 shall be related to Mathematics and General Aptitude. Part 2 will be on drawing and observation skills and will consist of 2 questions of 40 marks each. Part 2 shall be answered with in 90 minutes.
Changes observed in NATA 2017 at a glance
- NATA 2017 will be conducted only once for the year.
- NATA 2017 will be conducted in a single calendar day.
- Exam will be pen and paper based test, and no online test will be conducted.
- Unlike previous years NATA 2017 score is valid for 2017-18 admissions only. No best of 5 scores will be valid in 2017.
- Since NATA score is valid for 2017-18 academic year, candidates passed in 10+2 on or before 2017 shall only be eligible for appearing NATA 2017.