JEE Main 2017 application form – step by step instructions to fill up application
CBSE has started application process for JEE Main 2017 from 1st December, 2016 and will close on 2nd December, 2017. Candidates can fill up the application on http://jeemain.nic.in.
Before candidate start filling up JEE Main 2017 application form, candidate shall keep ready the scanned images of the recent photograph and signature of self in JPEG format in prescribe sizes as detailed in the following table.
4KB to 100KB
3.5cm x 4.5cm
1KB to 30KB
3.5cm x 1.5cm
Sample photograph format
Candidates shall also keep their AADHAAR number issued by the Govt. of India as it is mandatory to fill the JEE Main 2017 application form. Those who have not obtained the AADHAAR card yet can approach facilitation centre set up by CBSE in his/her city of examination.
Check out this link for more information: CBSE has setup AADHAAR facilitation centres to help JEE Main 2017 applicants.
Step by step process of filling JEE Main 2017 application form
Step 1 (AADHAAR Authentication)
In first step candidate will be asked for all the personal information like nationality, state of eligibility, state where 10+2 was studied, identification type, identification number, name of the candidate, date of birth and gender. In this step candidate will have to select one identification type from 3 options that are AADHAAR Number, AADHAAR Enrolment Number and Registration Number issued by the CBSE facilitation centre and provide the respective number in the form. Name of the candidate, date of birth and gender shall be filled same as that are registered with the qualifying exam. This information will be validated with the information linked with AADHAAR number or other ID number and will continue to step 2 if verified successfully.
Note : Candidate’s name, DOB and gender registered with 10+2/equivalent exam shall be same as in AADHAAR/ CBSE registration in facilitation centre, otherwise his/her candidature shall not be accepted. If both are not matched candidates are advised to make corrective action through any of the AADHAAR enrolment centre or CBSE facilitation centre.
Step 2 (Selection of Examination Details – JEE Main 2017)
In this step candidate has to select the following exam details in the application form.
- Selection of JEE Main 2017 papers applying for: Paper 1 / Paper 2 / Both
- Mode of Examination: Online / Offline
- Examination Centre and City
- Medium of Exam : English / Hindi / Gujarati
Candidates seeking admission to B.E./B.Tech courses shall opt for JEE Main 2017 paper 1 and those seeking admission to B.Arch. / B.Planning courses shall opt for JEE Main 2017 paper 2 and those seeking admission to all shall opt to take both the exams.
Step 3 (Fill up with Personal details)
In third step candidate has to fill the JEE Main 2017 application form with the following person details.
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s name
- Category : General / OBC – NCL / SC / ST
- Person with Disability (PwD) : Yes/ No
- If PwD, mention the percentage of disability?
- Whether you need scribe/reader? Yes/No
- In case of girl candidate, Are you the only child of your parents? : Yes / No
- Place of residence : Rural / Urban
- Complete Mailing Address
- Pin code of mailing address
Step 4 (Fill up with Academic Details)
In fourth step of JEE Main 2017 application form candidates have to fill with following academic details.
- Year of Passing Class 10th or its Equivalent
- Place of 12th class schooling: Village / Town / City
- Year of Passing or Appearing Class 12th / Qualifying Examination
- School Board of Class 12th / Qualifying Examination
- Roll Number of Class 12th / Qualifying Examination (if allotted)
- Whether appearing for improvement examination of class 12th in all subjects
- If, yes, Roll Number of improvement Examination (if allotted)
- Name of the Qualifying Examination passed/appearing
- Type of Institution of Class 12th / Qualifying Examination : Government / Private
- Mode of Preparation: Self Study / Individual Tuition / Coaching/ Correspondence /Others
- Name & Address of the School / College from where passed / appearing 10+2
Step 5 (Fill up with Contact Details)
In fifth step candidate has to fill with contact information like Email-id, Mobile number and Landline number or any alternative contact number. Candidates shall note that JEE Main 2017 authority will communicate with the candidates through the Email-id and Mobile number only provided in this step.
Step 6 (Fill up with Guardian Details)
In the sixth step candidates have to fill the JEE Main 2017 application form with the information like Father’s Qualification, Father’s Occupation, Father’s Annual Income, Mother’s Qualification, Mother’s Occupation and Mother’s Annual Income. Candidate also shall give the declaration on the information filled up in the application.
Step 7 (Uploading of Images)
In seventh candidate shall upload the scanned images of recent photo graph and signature as prescribed (detailed earlier in this document) and shall continue for the payment section.
Final Step (Payment of JEE Main 2017 Application Fee)
In final step will be directed to pay the application fee for JEE Main 2017 exam. Application fee may be paid using credit card/debit card/e-wallet (SBI Buddy/Paytm) or through e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form. Payment through e-challan shall be made by cash in Syndicate/ Canara / ICICI / HDFC Bank only.
Upon successful payment update on JEE Main website an acknowledgement page with Application No. will be generated which is required to take a print out. In any case if payment is not updated on the JEE Main 2017 website candidates are advised to do the following.
- If the fee is paid through e-challan by depositing cash in the bank, the candidate should contact immediately the concerned bank to update his/her fee status on the website.
- If the fee is paid through credit/debit card and status is not OK, it means the transaction is cancelled and the amount will, automatically, be refunded to concerned credit/debit card within 7 – 10 days. In such case candidates have to pay the application fee once again and ensure the update of fee status.